With only a few months left of 2022, take this moment to make sure your financial calendar is updated so you don’t miss any upcoming due dates.
Planning for the future can be a stressful and challenging process, but you can make it a bit easier for yourself by planning ahead. With that being said, there are only three months left of 2022 with important financial deadlines just around the corner. Make sure you have these following due dates on your radar for the rest of this year.1
- Sept. 15: Third Quarter 2022 Estimated Tax Payment Due.
- Oct. 1: FAFSA Open Date: First chance to apply for federal student aid for 2023-24.
- Oct. 15: The Open Enrollment Period for Medicare begins. During this period, you can join, switch, or drop a plan.
- Oct. 17: Due date to file for those requesting an extension on their 2021 tax returns.
- Nov. 1: Affordable Care Act Open Enrollment Period: First chance to apply for healthcare coverage under the ACA.
- Dec. 7: The last day of the Medicare Open Enrollment Period. This is the last chance to sign up for the national health insurance program for 2023.
- Dec. 31: Last Day to Contribute to charity for a tax deduction.
- Dec. 31: Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) need to be drawn from retirement plans and IRAs by this deadline.
If you have any questions or concerns with your current financial situation, it’s always best for you to reach out to your financial advisor for guidance.
- Investopedia.com, February 2022. https://www.investopedia.com/personal-finance-calendar-5092591.